Laptop opens to black screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by complicatedshoes, Jun 22, 2007.

1. complicatedshoes

complicatedshoes Private E-2

The other day my laptop developed three green lines striping vertically on it. Then a couple days later I went to boot it up and the three lcd lights blink on (caps lock, etc.) but the screen never shows anything. The power light is on and when I first turn it on the "trash can" lcd is on for about 3 seconds. The fan never starts and the computer doesn't make any noise. So I connected it to my desktop monitor to see if the screen was the problem and that didn't work either. I think it's done but was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what to do. Thanks. I have a Sony Vaio VGNFJ170. A couple more things, the laptop is getting hot when I leave it on and When I press caps lock the light DOES NOT turn on. Just thought that might help a little. Thanks again.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Best bet is to contact Sony, as they're the only ones who can really help you.

If it's still within it's warranty then they should get it fixed for you.

I'm aware that quite a few people have experienced screen/graphics errors with the whole Vaio range.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds