Laptop "plugged in, Charging) but Percentage dropping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilddean, Mar 11, 2010.

1. wilddean

wilddean Private E-2

Hello all

Just like to add this is my first post so a big HELLO

Recently My HP530 decided to not hold a charge.

Firstly i thought hmm propabably A broken wire towards the end of the laptop charger connector (hp put charging port on the side) common problem for them to break.

So off iwent to Maplins to get me some connectors (which i had to order in)

Ok so re wired and re soldered my old charger plugged it in and everythign was running fine.

However one week into this i noticed the laptop was registering in windows 7 as **Plugged in, Charging** however the percentage seems to be dropping.

If i leave the laptop powered off and plugged in it charges to 100% over nite, then the next day the same thing.

Any ideas.

Could it be a faulty charge circuit.
    ive checked my osoldering(joys of screw on connector boots) an everything seems to be fine.

Any help would be great

cheers guys

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Get another charger; it sounds like your re-wiring didn't touch the basic problem.

If you have a friend with the same model, borrow a charger to see if the charger is the problem before you purchase a new one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds