laptop power supply problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amlush, Dec 30, 2007.

1. amlush

amlush Private E-2

Hi. I bought my Asus laptop new for a lot of money 24 months ago.
    Power plug became loose, they gave me a new cable under extended warranty. More problems, and they replaced the internal piece that receives the cable,
    and gave me another cable. Problems still, plug heats up, power supply needs lots of attention (to make sure the plug is on the exact angle that allows power through), and my extended warranty is over.
    Also need new battery, and the store tells me my computer is too old and they don't sell it any longer.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! I would check with Asus about the warranty. They may extend it some because you had previous problems with it. Can't hurt to try! As for the battery, look around on the web, you should be able to find one. Here is one link: http://laptop-batteries.sparepartswarehouse.com/Asus,Laptop,Batteries.aspx (never shopped there, just a link from google).

Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds