Laptop Problems overheating etc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sakari, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Sakari

Sakari Private E-2

Hi everyone,I had some great help recently from here about my wirless for my laptop.thank you for that>My problem is the past few weeks,when i go to do something,like for instance play games on here my fan cuts in making a loud noise cooling down,now this happens only on certain games and now it has started doing it hwen i read my emails or go to any site ,its actually quiet at the moment but as soon as i start doing things it heats up.The back of the laptop gets really hot and worrys me.Also the last 2 virus checks i have done have not come up with a virus but says " change in windows system32 kernel 32 dll" I went and had a look in the folder and saw one of the items was written in blue not black like the others(DRVSTORE flolders wlphonecv)maybe this is nothing but thought i would ask.My daughter gave me this laptop about 4 months ago and also still has her stuff on it in folders(which means she is the main name on log in) My laptop is a ADVENT 7094. I really hope someone can help me as this is my only computer and would feel so lost without it:cryThanking you sakari

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you installed any new software of late, if so what?

Check the vents around the case to make sure they are not all dusted up, suprising how dusty a PC can get in such a short time.

What security software do you have installed, please if possible name all of them, as if you have two live/resident scanning applications installed its very possible that the scanning of files by both will raise the CPU usage % and cause the fan to kick in more often.

Have you changed the surface the laptop is on, if the cooling vents are blocked by having it on your lap, table with tablecloth, bed or other item that may block the vents, the surface should be flat.

The change in windows system32 kernel 32 dll, could be normal if you run AVG antivirus then this is normal to alert you to this, especially if you just done a Microsoft Update.

Blue text under a file means its a compressed file, black is normal and green is encrypted.

3. Sakari

Sakari Private E-2

Hi Im not to sure if there is any other security device on here,i have avg free edition,and looked in add and remove programmes to see if there were any others ,i could not see any.Hvae checked vents all seem fine,i have the laptop on a desk.thank you for your help so far sakari

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds