Laptop rear lid

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nociti, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Nociti

Nociti Private E-2

I have a 15.4 inch laptop and need to get the rear lid replaced. Not the LCD screen, just the plastic rear lid. My question is, does the new lid have to be the exact same or can I get any lid that is for a 15.4 inch laptop? Thanks.

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

you need to replace the plastic casing enclosing the lcd? Well that, or any other plastic casing is specific to your laptop. There is some parts overlap between similar models however.

3. Nociti

Nociti Private E-2

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, I need to replace the plastic casing enclosing the LCD. I called my manufacturer and they won't sell me the lid. They want me to send my laptop in and pay $390 to get a piece of plastic replaced.

Obviously, I found that ridiculous so I looked for the lid online. Unfortunately I could not find the exact lid for this model, but I did find one that is from the same manufacturer and of a similar model with the same dimensions (15.4'). The picture of the lid looks just like the one I have. I was wondering if it would work or not.

4. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

it may or may not. If you do some research you may be able to determine wether or not it is the same lid or not. Have you checked ebay? Look for the same laptop with a bad motherboard or cracked lcd.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds