Laptop running ungodly slow...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mtense, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mtense

mtense Private E-2

I figured this would be the best place to post this thread regarding my Dell XPS M140 laptop and it's plethora of issues. I am running AVG 7.5, Windows Defender, WinPatrol, Spybot, and SpywareBlaster on it. Today's issue is the freezing I seem to be getting when I start the computer up. It will load the Windows welcome page, right before it asks me to log in. The Windows' icon will start to disappear, but it will still be visible when the computer freezes for about 1-2 minutes. It will eventually go to the log-in page, and once I log in, things certainly don't speed up. It takes another 2-3 minutes for my taskbar and desktop icons to appear, and then a whopping 4-5 minutes longer for me to get WiFi availability (this of course while being in the same room as the the modem and the router.) I have a good feeling that AVG is absolutely worthless and my laptop would be better off without it, but I'd rather not chance it. I will attach a HJT log below if anyone cares to decypher it and try to help me out on this one. I am fairly computer-literate, so just let me know what needs to be done, and I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks to anyone who cares to help out.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. mtense

mtense Private E-2

Whoops, my bad. If anyone wants a current HJT log, feel free to PM me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds