Laptop will not load up windows!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bendo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. bendo

bendo Private E-2

Hello Geeks

When I turn on my laptop, windows has a go at loading up, but then wimps out and displays a black screen with the following message in white font:

Code:
    We apologise for the inconvieniance but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to save your files and folders, choose ' last known good configuration' to revert tot he most recent setting that worked.

If you are unsure as to what caused the problem choose start windows normally.

please choose:

safe mode
    safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt

start windows normally

last known configuration that worked.
    What happened was I was watching a video on youtube and the sound got stuck/jammed and my computer froze, repeatedly making a loud noise (its done this before) So i took the battery out as it wasnt responding to the power button. Now when i try turning it back on i get the above.

if i click on any of the safe options i just get a series of these on the screen: 'multi(0)disk(o)rdisk(0)partition(1) WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS....

And nothing else happens.

Can anyone shed some much needed light?

Thanks in advance.

2. cupcrazy22

cupcrazy22 Private E-2

I have seen this to many times.

Did you try loading ur last successful boot?

If you did and didn't work you can do 2 things.

1) put installation cd in and repair windows.
    2) reinstall windows.

3. bendo

bendo Private E-2

so to reinstall windows i insert the xp cd at the start up and take it from there?

4. cupcrazy22

cupcrazy22 Private E-2

ok with windows xp.

you insert the cd and let it load.

now you can hit R for repair or you can hit eneter and delete the partition and reinstall windows xp. try repairing first so you dont lose data.

5. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

in order to get into safe mode it will do that, how long did you wait? it typically takes like 20-40 seconds or so (depending on how fast your comp is).

have you tried last known good configuration? - sos

fyi, if you hold the power button down (like 5-15 seconds), it should shut off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds