laser toner refill

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Starkman, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Starkman

Starkman Private First Class

Hello all,

I've searched here, but, amazingly, I didn't find anything on my issue.

First, does refilling toner cartridges produce acceptable results? I mean, I know that some toner brands might be better than others, but over all...does it work well?

Second, I have a Samsung ML-1740 laser printer. I need to get an ink cartridge, and I'm thinking about doing the refill thing. There's several refill kits for sale on EBay (Amazon has some, too). What does anyone know about these kits?

Thanks much,

Starkman

2. jaytungsvik

jaytungsvik Private E-2

Hi mate,

I've been told and read in a few places that the people that make the carteridges dont fill them all the way up.
    With toner carts, its best to take them to a store to get them refilled.
    I'm unsure if you in the US or UK.... but here inthe UK we have several companies that do them. My youngest nephew works for an independant company..

Ink carts, up to you... and how good you are at fiddely things at times...
    Since you have to wait til the carts empty, then your supposed to flush it clean, and then refill, making sure you dont get any of teh inks mixed if doing a multi coloured ink cart...

hope that helps a bit..

viking

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

As mentioned take the toner carts to a store. Also the ink cart. Shop around though. Over here some people do an excellent job with quality toner & ink for around half the price of new. Others go the cheap way & you end up throwing your money in the bin.

4. Starkman

Starkman Private First Class

Thanks much, folks.

I don't think, though, that there are any stores around here that do refills. Well, wait a minute...there might be some mom-and-pop shops around here, but I'll have to check.

I went ahead and ordered a refill kit off Ebay. I think it's a pretty darned good deal, and if I do this correctly, I think it will work.

Thanks again.

Starkman

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds