last but not least, soundcard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ozorowsky, Oct 27, 2004.

1. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

I currently have a mad dog entertainer 7.1 sound card. All sound cards SHOULD be created equal, shouldn't they? Think this sound card is halfway decent? What is a good sound card?

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

mad dog produces low end genericish products. 80 bucks or so buys you a sb audigy2, best sound for money hands down

3. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

woah. if you already have that mad dog card don't go out and buy a new one. all you will gain is some craptacular $80 EAX effects.
    if you are looking for a new card get the soundblaster. its the most compatible card.

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

:confused: did you just tell him not to buy a soundblaster because it has crappy EAX effects; then suggested to buy a soundblaster for its quality?:confused:

5. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

got me confused too. This card seems fine to me. It is their newest one works with eax just fine. I also have a SBLive! card in my other computer. Didn't notice much of a difference. I'm pretty happy with this card, was just curious if you think I'll really notice a difference by switching and why.

6. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

i was trying to say its not worth switching if he already has a soundcard.

7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I should have stated; that if you dont have the speaker output thats good/high quality, then the quality of the sound will be bottlenecked so you wont be able to notice the diffrence.

8. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

I'm running the Klipsche 4.1 sound system. Not a bad sound system. I'm pretty happy with the sound system, was just curious what latest and greatest is for informational purposes.

9. {wizard}

{wizard} Private First Class

i would recommend sb audigy 2 zs series,

lowest cpu usage, good price..lots of features

my recommendation

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds