Last known good config 98se

Discussion in 'Software' started by Den, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Den

Den Private First Class

How do I do a last known good configuration in win 98se. Thanks
    Den

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

Boot to dos by pressing F8. As pc boots, select command prompt only.

At the C:\ type 'scanreg /restore' (ie C:\scanreg (space)/restore)

Windows will bring up a box with the last 5 registry snapshots (ie last 5 days) which will be dated.

There is no such thing as restoring 'to a known good configuration' in 98se. It is more a case of picking the registry entry where you believe everything ran with no issues.

Although I dual boot 98se/XP, I hope that others will confirm these steps as I have not done this in quite a while as my 98SE installations are normally very solid.

Good Luck

4. Den

Den Private First Class

Thanks that's the one I was looking for. Now to try it.
    Den

5. Den

Den Private First Class

Well that seems to have worked. Though the dates were 6/15-16-17and 22/04 (notice the year). That system was so buggered that I picked the oldest date and it seems to be working ok. Thanks for the help.
    Den

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds