Latest Nvidia driver troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SilentPK, Apr 2, 2009.

1. SilentPK

SilentPK Private E-2

Hey all!!

My problem is I reformatted due to a bad virus i couldnt get rid off but now
    I have updated my drivers for my xfx 8800gtx from the nvidia website and when i have to restart the computer it get past the boot screen that says windows is loading with the green bar (this is vista by the way) and after that happens it says that my monitor is Disconnected. So i restart and load it in safe mode and it works fine so i Rolled Back the drivers to the standard VGA drivers and it all works fine again... Does any1 know what would be the problem cause I play games and need the updated drivers for the games to run better..

System Specs
    Asus m2n32-sli deluxe mobo
    amdx2 6000+ cpu
    2gb corsair ddr2
    xfx 8800gtx 512mb gpu
    400gb sata Main drive
    320gb Ide Storage drive
    thermaltake 850w psu so there is enough power

2. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

mine did that when the refresh rate was set above 60 and I changed monitors. Try lowering the resolution in safemode and then booting into windows again

3. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Hey this is SilentPK here just had a new email cause I forgot all my other details and stuff so I had to create a new account on here. Thanks for the reply, do you know why it would be doing that? I like my resolution the way it is it looks good but if I have to change my res for it to work with the new drivers then i will do it

Thanks

4. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Any thoughts as to why that would happen

5. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

What resolution and refresh rate are you running and is it a crt or lcd? Most lcd's run at 60 mhz and will stay black or state out of range if it's set above that.Also if it's out of the resolution range it will stay black too (ex 1400 x 900 native but set to 1920 x 1200)
    Last but not least check the cables for proper connection. A loose cable may pass enough info for low resolution but not enough for high.

6. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Cheers for the reply..

It is an LCD 1400 x 1050 is the res i have it running on. I have just checked the cables and they are in all good I even tried new ones but still have the same trouble would it just be an nvidia problem??? cause it only happens when i install the latest graphics drivers... Thanks

7. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

1400 x 1050? most lcd's require 1440 x 900. Try setting it to that and see if the problem clears up. Driver issues can be a problem no matter what part it is (we are talking about windows after all) You can try rolling back to the previous driver also if above doesn't help :)

8. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Thx for the replies I have tried just about everything the monitor keeps popping up with a thing saying the best res to run is 1400x1050 but i can't set it to that once i install the new nvidia drivers... That is the max res i can set it to normally as well the max res for the monitor is 1400x1050 i can't figure it out at all...

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

What version of the driver are you using? Have you tried a slightly older version of the drivers? And what monitor are you using?

10. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

The driver version is 182.50 downloaded from the nvidia site and the monitor is the Viewsonic vg2021m...

11. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, you killed my idea of the resolution setting being off. You are spot on with 1400 x 1050. Try running an older driver. Or if you feel experimental, try this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html

12. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

Thx for the reply so quick I am going to try http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23661 that which i found thru the nvidia forums page if that doesnt work i will try ur link i dont' really wanna run older drivers cause it kills the game performance a bit but if worst comes to worst i will use slightly older ones I will let u know how this all goes... Thx again

13. tnjfitzy

tnjfitzy Private E-2

The drivers from the link i just posted worked fine. Thx heaps for the replies ppl Majorgeeks ftw

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Glad you got it worked out! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds