Latest Zone Alarm needs Administrator rights to load.

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I have been using Zone Alarm (ZA) for many years now dating back to versions 4 or 5. I have never had to swop to Admin rights to load ZA before.

I have over 170 programs (according to Revo Uninstaller) on my XP laptop and never had to swop to Admin rights on any of them before.

I swop to Admin rights to load the new version of ZA and it gets half way through approximately and then tells me I need Admin rights. !@#$%

I 've tried it in safe mode with the same results.
    I've uninstalled the old version and tried again.

Is ZA falling foul of another program/s that I use. Spybot S&A, Avast, etc?
    Must I uninstall them first and re-install them later? Never had to before.

Getting so frustrated I might have to use Comodo. :-D

I know ZA is not the best free Firewall around but I am happy with it for my needs.

Hoping you can help.

Bazza

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I gave up on ZA about 6-8 months ago. When I combined it with the AGV free version my internet would crawl. If I uninstalled either one the speed returned. I just went back to the XP firewall and kept AVG. I know the XP firewall is worthless but I haven't had the time to find something else yet.

I even emailed ZA about the problem but never got a response.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks snerdly. I've also gone back to XP Firewall for the moment.

Comodo Firewall was rated as one of the best even though it it free.

I tried it early on and it drove me mad, probably because I didn't install it properly. :-o :confused At that time it was also difficult to uninstatll i but that was ages ago.

I am not sure that Comodo Firewall is available any more as a separate program. I think it has been combined with an Anti Virus program, but I will have to investigate that further.

That's on the to-do list. ;)

Bazza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds