LCD display dying?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iamthelizardkng, May 17, 2007.

1. iamthelizardkng

iamthelizardkng Private E-2

Heya,

Got a Gateway FPD2275w, have had it since Jan 07. Getting 'blotchy' video and 'blocky' gradients. It seems to be having trouble with midtones... this a sign of it's premature death? I'm pretty sure its not a PC issue, because I have a 360 plugged into the component input, and I'm getting the same low-quality video. Games seem to be ok, a bit harder to tell possibly. (PC is going through VGA)

Don't know what else to troubleshoot. Also having a issue with codecs and color for windows, but I assume its unrelated because of the 360 quality... Wanted to try and nail down one problem at a time, I can always format a hard drive... no clue how to fix a monitor other than smacking it a couple times...

This started over the weekend and it corrected itself a few hours later... everything was runnin fine, up till yesterday. What are signs / symps of a dying LCD?

thanks much.
    mm

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

If your Gateway is under a year old you are probably still covered under the Gateway warranty. You can contact tech support online here to find out http://support.gateway.com/support/contact/chat.shtml I found them extremely helpful and timely when I had to send my laptop back.

3. iamthelizardkng

iamthelizardkng Private E-2

Thank you.

I got in touch with Gateway CS, and they are sending me shipping mats for me to send my display away. :cry

the weird thing about this issue is that it seems to 'fix' itself. Right now, as I type everything is perfect.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds