LCD Display Problem, Green pixs at black areas

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theleflers2, Jun 16, 2005.

1. theleflers2

theleflers2 Private E-2

I currently own an ECS Laptop Model A535. I am experiencing a major display problem. This problem occurs generally after the computer has been running for atleast 15 minutes – meaning the problem does not appear at startup.

On the screen, green neon pixels appear around the blackest areas of the screen. It does not cover the entire screen all at once. After a short time, red pixels begin to appear around the white areas of the screen. When I am on a website that has white background and black text, the red pixels are very predominant. (VERY annoying) Also, there is flickering going on.

The computer specifics according to Belarc Advisor are as follows:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    Processor 1.10 g AMD Athlon XP
    Main Circuit Board ECSM i_Buddie 1.0
    Bus clock 100 megahertz
    BIOS American Megatrends Inc Ver 07.00t 4/2/01
    128 k primary memory cache
    256 k secondary memory cache

DISPLAY SiS 740 Display adapter
    TNJ 14.1 Monitor July 2004

Also, all software and drivers are up to date.

I have tried the troubleshooter offer in the Display properties. I have tried to adjust the display settings to minimal use and effects.

Any information about this problem and how to start to solve it will be great appreciated.

Thank you,
    theleflers2

2. theleflers2

theleflers2 Private E-2

Almost a year old.

3. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

the video chip on the motherboard is overheating and going south.

hope there is warranty left

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds