Legally Blind Computer User (HELP)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Neppi, May 17, 2006.

1. Neppi

Neppi Private E-2

Hello,
    I am having problems with IE... I am legally blind and use various devices and software to use the computer. ZoomText Screen Reader, I also have a 36" monitor that i am able to view by using A flipper port that allows me to zoom in on the screen through a special pair of glasses. kinda like a CCTV.
    Or the old fasioned way by placing Nose on Screen LOL.
    My old computer crashed about a week ago. i am running on a Dell Dimension 3000, 2.8 Gig, with Windows Xp
    What has happend is that I was messing around with the Accessibility option in both Xp and IE..
    Every web page I visit now has a white background. It hurts my eyes to be white all the time and I have been trying to reset to the computer original defaults for both progams. Some of the text is not showing up also. Java is running, well so it says. I am really getting lost here... been trying to read, but can't figure out the problem. Hypertext, Active X.. Java? I don't know... I tried resting in IE's security back to default setting.. does not seem to make a difference. This system is only a month old. I did a system restore to the earliest date with no results.. I would be ever so thankful for some suggestions...

Thanks
    Fred

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

What you could try is under the internet options> Advanced tab there is a restore defaults button.

If that doesn't work try going to Add/Remove programs seleceting IE and hit remove this will bring up a menu where you can do a repair install.

Hope one of these works for you. :)

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    Try this:
    In IE>>Tools>>Options>>Internet Options>>General tab>>Accessibility
    Make sure no boxes are checked in the window that comes up.

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds