Lenovo laptop won't start up

Discussion in 'Software' started by melbat, Nov 12, 2013.

1. melbat

melbat Private E-2

Hey guys,

Since a few days my Lenovo laptop won't properly start up anymore, it doesn't even start Windows anymore. When I press the power button, the screen shows a black screen saying the white Lenovo logo, then a black screen with white text (just a normal startup screen). After this, however, it either shuts down immediately, or alternates between the two previously mentioned screens for a few minutes, and then shuts down.
    It does make a lot of noise when it alternates between the two screens (a buzzing noise) so it sounds like it's at least trying to do something.

I don't really know much about laptops, so I'll just give you all the information the laptop says:
    Brand: Lenovo
    Operating system: Windows 7
    Intel core i5
    Bottom left of the screen it says U310', and bottom right of the keyboard it says ideapad, I'm guessing one of these is the type/model.

I hope someone can help me!

Ps. While typing this I've noticed that it tries to start up sometimes, without me touching it.

2. melbat

melbat Private E-2

Oh, and what I've tried so far is pressing f8, f2 and f12 (suggestions from other forums). Might be good to mention the laptop doesn't have a cd drive either, since I've seen suggestions involving this as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds