Lenovo T43 stuck in a loop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bg9208, Jul 7, 2012.

1. bg9208

bg9208 Private First Class

Hi
    tried installing Windows 7 on my T43 but no matter what I did I could not get to recognise my WiFi so I followed the instructions to re-install The XPro because it worked with no problem. Half way through the installation, a couple of fileds were not recognised and I found a couple of scratches on the installation disk. Luckily I have another installation disk from another PC which is unmarked.
    I have changed the BIOS to HDD at bottom of list but it still insists on trying to complete the failed installation - freezing with an error message saying files missing.
    The T43 has nothing of value so would be quite happy to do anything to get XPPro loaded again.
    Suggestions please

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you get Win7 to install ok overall and its just Wifi is missing?

If so then in Device Manager what yellow ! marks do you have?

I would be looking at installing the latest chipset driver for your PC and rebooting then see if the WiFi driver HERE works

3. bg9208

Hi DavidGP and thank you for your prompt reply. Your reply got me thinking. I have used the Win 7 installation disk and it actually seems to be loading with no problems, and if this works OK and I can get my wifi recognised I would quite like to keep 1t ( Suppose I should really embrace the newer technology!!). Lenovo website says T43 no chipset support for Win7 and Intel site says support withdrawn.
    If I can't get it working then I will try again with a re-install of XP Pro.
    Finging it difficult to get to down load the possible driver as site sends me round in circles,

4. bg9208

Just had a thought - coward's way out, sent off to ebay for wifi usb dongle compatible with Win 7 - hope it works!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds