Lexun Freeware

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Aug 5, 2006.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Do they still exist? I remember an excellent tutorial by them on how to organize one's hard drive(s) in an efficient way for backups. MG has a dl here of the SW but I can't find the Lexun site anymore, not even MG has the URL, it's all URL grabbers, that's all I can find. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Went away, allowed us to keep files. Came back. Updated. Went away, let us keep files on. No idea whats up... Good software too, but giving it away is tough on these guys.

3. augiedoggie

OK, thanks MA. Too bad for them sadly. I'll grab a copy while I'm here.

4. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Do they still exist? I remember an excellent tutorial by them on how to organize one's hard drive(s) in an efficient way for backups. MG has a dl here of the SW but I can't find the Lexun site anymore, not even MG has the URL, it's all URL grabbers, that's all I can find. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. <<

I've heard some very good reviews in various forums that I attend, about the utility Lexun Backup Solution 2.1 which can be easily used for backing up and restoring files and even entire hard drives. Although I've never used it (I use Acronis True Image); many folks have told me that this Lexun freeware alternative is very easy to use, posing few difficulties and requiring little effort and is compatible with Windows 2000 or XP (only).

I've also read that the earliest version of Lexun Backup Solution was actually a GUI front-end to the freeware version of Kan Yabumoto's XXcopy, with some pre-scripted functions to automate various common tasks. XXcopy is also still available as freeware is for personal (non-commercial) use. It runs as a "command line" mode utility.

Unfortunately the Lexun Freeware author/developer has shutdown the site and no longer "supports" any of the previous freeware that was developed. A while back the "Lexun Designs" website had a notice on it; briefly explaining that the site was closing down soon, but giving no details as to the reason why. However the explanation was removed and a short while after that, the site vanished into oblivion.

After the Lexun site had finally closed down for good, someone in another forum told me that they got in touch with the Lexun Freeware developer via e-mail; who said that due to personal reasons, had decided to shutdown the Lexun Designs site but might consider offering and all of the source code, (for free) to another developer; under certain conditions.

If anyone reading this cares to do a web search; they will likely find very few if any complaints about any of the Lexun Designs products (Lexun Backup Solution, DrvCareXP, RegScrubXP, Lexun Cookie Monster,) which were always offered as freeware. About the only "complaint" I've ever heard about the utilities; which had any validity at all, was that they haven't been updated for a long while.

Although somewhat "dated" all of these freeware utilities still function well and are available (at the links above) here at Major Geeks. ;)

Good Luck!

5. augiedoggie

Thank you COMPUABLE, now to go find some cached files so I can find out more about it's operation.

6. The Prisoner

The Prisoner Private E-2

web.archive.org, and then search. You will find all the original website pages stored there, minus the images. however, almost all pages are actually lifted from the help files of the programs.

And don't overlook DRIVEIMAGER XP and DRIVECLONER XP. Remarkable tools indeed....

7. redhawktotem

redhawktotem Private E-2

where can i find the help files or manual for lexun backup 2.1????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds