Lil Red X, all photos on webpage not opening!

Discussion in 'Software' started by tntroy61, Feb 20, 2009.

1. tntroy61

tntroy61 Private E-2

Ive developed a problem this evening when I was surfing. First the Active X thing above by the message bar kept opening telling me to install "such and such" program. I ignored it cause I didnt know why it was doing that. Vey shortly after though, most if not all the photos on webpages werent opening, showing the dreaded "lil red X" in a box instead. Now I know what the Active X control was telling me to install, but I cant remember the name of the program or App. that usually opens photos on a web page. Nor do I know why it suddenly stopped working, how it became un-installed!

so #1, can anyone tell me what the name of the program/app is that opens pix on a webpage.

and #2, how did it possibly stop working or become un-installed?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds