lines across my screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zimok, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Zimok

Zimok Private E-2

i reformatted my HDD and installed a new graphics card, geforce fx 5700, but now i see lines goings horizontally across my screen, mainly noticable on a white surface. its starting to get worse i think...

am i doomed??

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

no your not doomed at all! have you tried installing drivers from the geforce website?

3. Zimok

Zimok Private E-2

drivers installed yes

EDIT: i changed refresh rate from 60hz to 70 and i dont se them right now...

4. roguetrip

roguetrip Private E-2

What kind of monitor do you have? And are the lines in the lower portion of the screen of different sizes of just one size that rolls from bottom to top or top to bottom?

I had a similar problem when viewing websites with white backgrounds, i had different size lines on the lower portion of the screen, then eventually it progressed to the verictal size changing jumping out of size and then to the convergence going out on the corners over a 2 month period. At first with the lines i thought it was my monitor, so i went from 1280x1024 to 1152x864 and that took care of it for awhile, but then it came back and the convergence on the coners started going out (mainly red would be out making items like time hard to read)

So I figured it was my monitor, cause of the convergence problem, and so i opened up my monitor and found that a coil for the convergence yoke pcb had a bad solder joint, so i fixed it up and all has been great for the last few weeks. I own a KDS 17" Visual Sensation

So if it persists and gets worse like mine did then its the monitor and can take it to a electronic repair center to be fixed or get another since i don't recommend trying to fix it yourself unless you have good electronics skills.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

yeah good point, what screen resolution are you running out?

6. flip

flip Private First Class

if you have a monitor that uses Sony's Trinitron technology, those lines are normal. The reason why.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds