Lines on the left side of emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nikilet, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Nikilet

Nikilet Private First Class

How can I get rid fo these lines on emails I receive before I forward them?

I tried opening the email, going under View and clicking on Source/Edit but nothing appears anywhere in the email which allows me to edit. All instructions I've read say that this should provide a place to edit at the bottom of the email but it isn't there.

The reason I want to do this is because I remove all addresses from the top of emails I forward and these lines make that very hard to do.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Nikilet

Nikilet Private First Class

I already have something called e-cleaner which works very well to clean all the carrots and such from emails. But it won't work on emails that have pictures. Some emails come with pictures and there are no actual attachments. Is this one that you are recommending different in that area?

4. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Are you using Outlook?

(1) are you converting the emails from HTML to plain text format before you try to remove the lines?

(2) have you looked at Options, Preferences, Email Options (assuming that you are using Outlook) to adjust forwarding options there?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds