Links trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by CubsnCards, Feb 16, 2011.

1. CubsnCards

CubsnCards Private First Class

Recently I haven't been able to open links in any program outside of my browser. Pokerstars, Yoono Desktop, Thunderbird. I get an error message in some instances saying that "ordinal 121 couldn't be located in the dynamic link library ietutil.dll."

This is driving me a little batty!

2. CubsnCards

Ok in addition to links not working I can't update and or open IE. I have IE9 Beta loaded and it hasn't worked in a long time. Never worried about it because I use Firefox and Chrome for regular browsing and they both function properly.

All other windows updates load fine.
    ---------------------------
    Ordinal Not Found
    The ordinal 121 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll.
    OK

Win7, Comdo Defense +, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spybot,

3. CubsnCards

Ok sorry not trying to bump my thread but adding information as I get advice from friends and looking through different areas of my computer.

It appears I have a faulty version of IE, actually if I look in control panel and programs I don't have IE. However if I look in Program Files IE is installed. So this plus IE being set to the default to open .url files may very well be the problem... I will post a solution if I find one.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. CubsnCards

Thanks I will give that a try today. I've been trying to download the RC for two days but it gets half way through the process and says it needs to update before completing and then it can't update because of the ordinal 122 message and even says the exact link its looking for at go.microsoft*.*. but when i put the link in chrome it doesn't go anywhere....

Thanks for the tip.

6. CubsnCards

OK when I try to install the IE 9RC It gets halfway through the download and says it needs to install updates. When it goes to look for the updates it gives the ordinal 121 message and the message below.

Windows cannot find http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=18511' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I also see my computer wants to update to Win7 SP1 which will also not download correctly. I tried installing through update and also directly from the Microsoft website. Installing directly from the website and received the error message below:
    C:\Users\*\Downloads\windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

I also attempted to download the IE version saved on my External harddrive but 30 of the files won't copy over because i'm not an administrator, even though my account is an administrator.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds