Links Will Only Open Full Screen 10% Of The Time.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.Magoo, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Mr.Magoo

Mr.Magoo Private First Class

Hi Everyone,

I have been having this problem for over a year now and just got tired of searching around for a correct answer. It is time to ask the Big Guns for help correcting this problem.

I am using Win 7 64 bit with IE 11.

When I am on a web site or even an email when I click on most links I get a pre-sized window which will not even let me bring it all the way to the bottom; I can however enlarge it side to side. I always have to click the Maximize button to get it to full screen.

I have tried to many things to even think of them all. I can tell you the most suggest thing to do is to maximize the screen then close it and open it again this did not work for me. I believe another many recommended suggested fix was to do this and a couple of added steps one of which was to do he about then reboot. This did not work as well.

I hope my two Super Heroes see this post :)

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you have NOT already done it, a quick troubleshooting step would be to use a DIFFERENT web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc) and see whether or not the same thing happens.

3. Mr.Magoo

Hi Max,

This is only an IE problem as far as I can tell. The only other browser I use is FF only when I have to.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Ok so you have established it is IE only. If the standard troubleshooting steps don't work maybe a reinstall of IE might work.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You probably know this and it may not help anyway, but in Win 7 you can grab the title bar and move it to the top of the screen and the window will maximise. If you drag it left or right it will fill half the screen. Can't recollect what the feature is called and don't have an everyday Win 7 any more I can experiment on, just a VM.

6. Mr.Magoo

I have tried this in several ways. Resizing it manually and exit, when I return it is still at a set level not full screen. I have done this and rebooted before testing it again still no help. I have tried several other methods suggest to me with no help, sorry it was so long ago I don't remember them.

7. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Trying to get new windows to open consistently size and positionwise has been a recurring issue ever since Win 98 and possibly earlier. I've never found an answer to it, not that I've tried that hard I guess, and I doubt there is an answer. Never experienced loss of edge adjustment arrows though - is that what you are saying?

8. Mr.Magoo

Hi Earthling,
    Long time no hear :)

This problem started around a year ago out of the blue. I have veridical edge control but I "didn't" control of the bottom horizontal control. Although that just started today while checking Max's suggestion of trying another browser when coming back to IE it started working. Before it started working again when the new window popped up it was a bit more than half (vertical) screen and about ΒΌ" from the bottom and I couldn't bring to the bottom. Now all of a sudden I can.

It is just so frustrating to have to go and open every link to full screen. The only time it opens in full screen is with in some web sites.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds