Linksys Ethernet Card Does Not Work In Windows 98SE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drstrangefunk, Aug 13, 2006.

1. drstrangefunk

drstrangefunk Private E-2

hi -

i bought a Linksys 10/1000 Etherfast PCI Adapter fo my HP Windows 98SE computer.

problem is that it doesn't seem to work for 98SE although it says it will. i have changed slots and it still doesn't work.

when i boot up after installing i get a prompt saying that the computer found the new hardware and i click OK to install drivers, but when i reboot, there are no prompts and card cannot be found in the device manager.

i have talked to Linksys support tech - i even downloaded replacement drivers from them, but to no avail.

from what i have read online, others have the same problem trying to install Linknsys on 98SE computers. some said it doesn't work, no matter what.

is there a way to get this card to work, and if not could you recommend a card that will work with Windows 98SE.

also could you recommend a CD Burner that will work with Windows 98SE ?

thanks...

-doc

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds