Linksys port forwarding help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baradeithel, Jun 30, 2004.

1. baradeithel

baradeithel Private E-2

I am the bittorrent applications Azureus and just installed a router on my home network. I read in the documentation that i needed enable port forwarding, the port number is 6881. i have alred tried but the program says this:

(Testing port 6881 ... Unable to test because listening port is already. in use. Please stop all active torrents and restart Azureus Then run this test again..)

i made sure that no files where being trasfered and i know that nothing else is using that port because it worked just fine before i put the router in. any help would be great. thanks.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

go to www.linksys.com and click on support. search the knowledge base for 2 articles.

one should be labeled "static IP" and will walk you through assigning yourself a static IP, which is necessary for port forwarding.

the second is a simple guide to port forwarding, which is pretty simple once you have a static IP.

if you need help finding the guides, i'll spend more time locating the exact ones

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds