linksys router problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by felix001, Sep 25, 2009.

1. felix001

felix001 Private E-2

Good evening guy's,I'm some what of a newbie in this game of computers and routers,the problem I'm having with my linksys wrt300N-wireless N broadband router is when I enable the wireless MAC filtering setting my two laptops loose the signal and can't access my wireless router.

My settings are WAP personal sharing password.
    wireless MAC filtering enabled.

I would also like to use my IPPVR but my satellite TV receiver can't access my IPPVR on my desk top.I don't know how to allow the two to communicate with each other as I think my router is blocking the signal

I have the HP PAVILION A6200N pc.and a FTA receiver of a popular brand.any help is greatly appreciated.

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Are you putting the MAC addresses of the computers you want to allow into the MAC filter correctly?

3. felix001

felix001 Private E-2

Hi KingSteve,yes I'm using MAC filtering on my router to protect my wireless someone was logged on to my wireless last week without my permission so I installed WAP personal shared password and enabled my MaC filter.and both my laptops are logged on the mac filtering.

4. Victornous

Victornous Private E-2

Disable MAC filtering and restart the router, Enable MAC Filtering again and all your PC access by putting in their MAC addresses.
    Then run ‘devmgmt.msc’ uninstall WLAN Adapter and scan for hardware changes this will reinstall your WLAN adapter. This should work,
    If it can’t work,
    Just disable MAC filter and use WPA when connecting select save this setting to automatically connect when at range, then change the SSID since the first one was hacked, disable wireless SSID broadcast, your SSID can not be seen by any outsider.
    I may suggest change the default login information of the Router (Username and Password) too.

5. felix001

felix001 Private E-2

hi Victornous,I'll try that and I already turned off the MAC filtering.and when I disable the SSID my laptop looses the signal and won't access my wireless even with WPA personal password sharing and thanks for you reply.

6. Victornous

Victornous Private E-2

that's is the only suggestion,
    if the MAC filtering option and disabling SSID Can't work.

Victornous

7. felix001

felix001 Private E-2

Hi guy's I've configured my router and I'll leave it at that until I can find a way to get my STB to record on to my desk top.thanks a lot for you response and reply s.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds