Linksys USB Adapter / Win98SE

Discussion in 'Software' started by baringer3, Mar 18, 2007.

1. baringer3

baringer3 Private E-2

Does anyone know how to upgrade Windows 98SE to allow the Linsys WUSB54GC USB Adapter to work?
    During Installation it says can't find "net.cat" file.

I saw this update on the site has anyone tried this? and does it correct the problem or add the files needed?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4131.html

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Also, can SP1 be installed on Win 98SE?

2. Amandalynn

Amandalynn Private First Class

Have you tried checking Lynksys sight to see if theres a driver for windows 98? That is the adapter I use and it has the Designed for Microsoft XP and 2000 on the cd so me thinks your going to have to go to Lynksys to see if they have that option

As for the SP1 run your windows updates. I would think if it was available for 98 that it would show up on your update list in the critical section.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

The file 'net.cat' is a driver file for the WLAN adapter and should be included in the driver you get from Linksys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds