Linksys/vonage = problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by romli490, May 27, 2009.

1. romli490

romli490 Private E-2

We switched to vonage a few months ago and at first everything was ok. Now nearly every call is dropped. I spoke with customer service and was told I need to encrypt my wireless router.

I changed the password and ssid. I changed it to disable the ssid broadcast, but changed it back since it seemed to fubar everything.

My problem is this. My daughter and I both have laptops that run vista. We connect with no problem. My husband has a dell desktop that runs windows xp and I can't get him connected to save my life. How can I fix his computer? I've tried everything. I had a text conversation with linksys customer service. She knew less than I do. I was pretty stunned by how useless that conversation was.

Can someone help me? Does anyone else have trouble with Vonage?

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds