linksys wap11

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foogoo, Jul 28, 2006.

1. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I looked around and cannot find what I want to know, so I figured I'd look here for someone who has knowledge of a Linksys WAP11. I do not have the CD so I was trying to reset the device and goto 192.168.1.1 (the usual default page) and get nothing. Linksys said 192.168.1.251 is the page but there all I get is the upload for new firmware. Does this device have a HTTP configuration page? Where is it?

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

On my Linksys wireless access points the default page is 192.168.1.245 but Im not sure of the model.

3. Spector

Spector Private E-2

open comand line - run ipconfig and you will see your Default Gateway - this is the Linksys access point ...

you can find some more info about Network stuff in this link ....

http://www.mypccenter.com/Network.asp

good luck

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Thanks for the replies..
    The WAP does not have a dhcp turned on (ie I am not getting an IP) so I cannot find the gateway. I hard coded a 192.168.1.x address just to get to Linksys's 192.168.1.251 page .. which I figured would be the admin - but is for firmware updates only.. I never get a log in prompt.

Spector if you read closely you'd see I don't need a primer in home networking, Thanks. I was looking for specific knowledge of the device.
    I have several Linksys wrgt's but zero expiernce with wap11.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds