linksys wmp54g wireless pci

Discussion in 'Software' started by db13, Jun 23, 2009.

1. db13

db13 Private E-2

having trouble with wireless card seems i can't stay connected for more than a few seconds i have tried to remove and reinstall through add/remove programs (windows xp)but it wont uninstall.if i move the card from one pci slot to another it works ok for awhile then starts loosing my connection again.my computer sits about 20 feet from the router (linksys wrt54g)and can't stay connected while my son has the same card has no problem and is 75 feet away,my daughter has a lap top and has no problem.any ideas as why it wont uninstall?any fixes?thanks

2. jrumj

jrumj Private E-2

What are your router settings? Please give detail info.. IP scheme, security, etc. I don't actually want your key info and stuff just want to know how you have configured the wireless...

3. db13

db13 Private E-2

don't really know just plugged it in and it worked now it dosen't how do i find the settings your asking about?

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Right click My Computer>>Manage>> Device Manager>> Network adapters. See any exclamation mark on the wireless network?
    Can try to update or preferably delete the driver from here and reinstall..

Cheers...

5. db13

db13 Private E-2

no it says unsecured wireless net work when it connects

6. db13

db13 Private E-2

tried all of that didn't uninstall so i went to add/remove still wouldn't uninstall and i get this RUNDLL C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~\Ctor.dll the specific module could not be found.

7. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Could be a problem with the wireless adapter. Does the connection shows up as an unsecured connection on the LT and the other working PC. If yes, then as Dom mentioned - secure your router.

Not the best advice, but can you get your hands on a wireless USB dongle and see if it detects and connects.

Don't know why but I still think this could be driver related. If it did not uninstall, try installing fresh over.

Cheers.....

Cheers....

8. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

When you installed originally, I'm confused if you installed the Linksys Connection software. If so, you may have a conflict with that software running and the WZC service (Windows wireless connection). Only 1 connection software should be running to control the connection.

May need to try running CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller to delete the program.
    If the install shield manager is messed up, that could also be an indication of a bad install of software or drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds