Linksys WPC43GX wireless adapter problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ftw, Feb 28, 2009.

1. ftw

ftw Private E-2

Tryin to connect to the internet using above adapter on Windows XP Pro OS. When i use the Linksys network monitor it reports connected to access point but internet cannot be found

ipconfig/all sees the adapter

Linksys network monitor status reports all the settings - ip address - subnet mask - default gateway - except there is nothing under DNS - dhcp is enabled - MAC address

I have tried installing uninstalling the drivers, i've spent the whole day doing everything i can think of.

When i connected via a wired connection everything worked fine. Even when i uplugged the ethernet cable the wireless adapter was able to stay online but as soon as i rebooted it was back to connected to access point but internet cannot be found

I am not using any security on my Belkin Router as I read in an earlier post that the adapter could have problems with WPA security.

Any help would be much appreciated :confused

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Have you disabled the Windows Wireless Service?
    START > RUN > services.msc
    Scroll down to WZC service, go to Start up type and disable.
    Running 2 wireless connection apps can cause problems.

3. ftw

ftw Private E-2

Hi

I've uninstalled the Linksys wireless monitor but all i get when trying to get on the internet is aquiring ip address and it gets no further

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Will it connect up in Safe Mode with Networking?
    Also what is the difference in the ipconfig /all when you boot and switch to wifi and then reboot?
    What model Belkin router do you use?
    Are you sure that is the correct model of Linksys? I can't find it listed at their support site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds