Linksys WRT54G v5 Stuck in Management Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Global2004, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

Management Mode
    Firmware Upgrade

File Name:___________________ Browse

Apply Reset

How do I get around this. I upgraded the firmware of my Linksys WRT54G v5 from their site. It said the upgrade was successful.

Now every time I type in 192.168.1.1 I always get this display shown above.

I've tried to hold the reset up for 30sec the first time then 1min.......then unplug for 10 to 20 seconds, (still holding down the reset button) and reconnect. Letting go of the reset button once it's connected.

I need to get to the router’s web-based setup page so I can put in a password since the router had a system reset.

Is the router gone? Will I have to get another one? Would like to get your input.

Thanks in advance,
    Global

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you clicked on the browse button, found the firmware upgrade you downloaded and then clicked to run it?
    It is worth a try to see if perhaps it didn't install, even though it said it did.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds