Linux based tablet PC software

Discussion in 'Software' started by gbernier, May 9, 2010.

1. gbernier

gbernier Private E-2

I just installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my Gateway CX210X tablet. It had been running XP and I tried to upgrade to Vista. The Vista install failed, it would lock up at the end. I tried to go back to XP and it wouldn't load because it could no longer recognize the HD. I spent two days screwing around trying to get one or the other to load.

I finally nuked the HD and loaded ubuntu. In less than an hour I'm up and running. It's faster, it takes up a fraction of disk space, and it's free.

The only issue is that he tablet function doesn't work. This isn't that big a deal because I seldom used it. However, I am curious if anyone knows of a Linux based tablet utility that would be compatible with a Gateway?

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Try this link

Ubuntu Forums shortened answer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds