Linux doesn't work properly on Gateways...

Discussion in 'Software' started by vame87, Mar 10, 2003.

1. vame87

vame87 Private E-2

I have Red Hat Linux 8.0 running on a Gateway computer, and the Xwindows system is all messed up. The graphics are glitchy, and the windows are huge. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please post here. This is really bugging me! Thanks

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

it's not that it's a gateway, its that you ma not have the proper drivers installed. If you have a P3 system then it's probably an Intel 810 onboard graphics.

What you really need to do is post what the system specs are, as "Gateway" is not good enough. Even if you can post the Gateway model number then we can lok them up for you.

3. vame87

vame87 Private E-2

I would have posted the specs, but it's not my computer, it's the schools. So I don't know. Though I did see that it was an intel 810. So what kind of drivers would I need, and where can I get them?

4. vame87

vame87 Private E-2

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to keep everyone updated. I fixed the problem. It was the graphics card, so I downloaded some drivers for it, installled it, and it worked! So now I got some extra credit for figuring it out when no one else could. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds