linux nebie with serious question

Discussion in 'Software' started by devious, Mar 18, 2007.

1. devious

devious Private E-2

I have two main websites that I want to connect with a third that I want to connect the other two to. I found that I was running out of space too fast on both the other sites because I have alot of audio,video,and pics. I decided that I would build a small server to move all of my big files to. I was thimking I can link the files on the server to the web sites, meaning I want to be able to stream to my sites hosted at dwhs.net. I also wanted to make a few web pages on my serverthat will automaticaly send you to the site that you have signed up for after signing in. I plan on using joomla for cms and in joomla I have installed uhp2 which is for the people of my communities to have their own webpages on my sites. I would like their files to automatically be uploaded to my server. I am using a pentium III with only 128 mb with ubuntu lamp server edgy 6.10 installed.
    webmin,mysql,apache,postgre. there are a few others installed. I believe I don't need all of this for what I am trying to achieve. Everything is not working correctly at this point. I have been tring to trouble shoot. Doing A Lot of reading, unfortunately this is taking up too much time. Is there a simpler solution? Am I even on the rught track? Help!!!!!!confused

oh, I am currently running 3 other computers on a network using a d-link 604 router. My main computer is amd 64bit with 2 gigs of ram running windows xp pro, second is pIII running windows 2000 pro, third is running ubuntu 6.10, and the server is number 4

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds