Lit-on CDRW install problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ziggysawdust, May 18, 2007.

1. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

Put a Lit-om CDRW in my daughters Dell 450 MHz.(She had a DVD-ROM in it).Put the CDRW on the secondary IDE as Master and the DVD as Slave. It's recognized in the Bios and it's in My Computer. But it's not in the Send To menu. Any help would be appreciated. Running Windows 98:eek:

2. Please note - this is based on what works in XP. I'm only guessing it's the same or similar in W98. I haven't currently got a pc with w98 on or I'd have a look :)

In My Computer, right click the CD RW drive, click Properties, and under the Recording tab, see if "enable CD recording on this drive" is checked. If it's not, this could cause it to be absent from the Send To menu.

3. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

Installed Burn4Free and the writer works fine. I had an very old Adaptec program that did not support the writer.......Still.......no Drive for this writer in "Send To " menu

4. You could try adding a destination to the send to menu.

Start
    Run
    Type sendto
    File
    New
    Shortcut

Then navigate to the CD drive in My Computer and job's a good un.

5. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Does it show up as drive E: ?

You'll have to define that drive letter somewhere.

6. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

A: Floppy
    C:hard Drive
    D:CD-RW
    E:DVD-Rom

7. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

Jimmy Tarbush.... I did what you said but I'm confused when I get to the box that says command line,what do I put in there?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds