LiteOn LDW-851S ?burner program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cuddlepuppy, Aug 14, 2006.

1. cuddlepuppy

cuddlepuppy Private E-2

I updated the firmware to GS0P. Opened Nero (5.5.9.14) and tried to find (and did not find) my LiteOn LDW-851S. Is there any program that'll work for me.
    WinXP pro, 2.4 P4 chip, 1.5G ram.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Hi and Welcome to Majorgeeks. Either I or some other geek should be able to help you in this matter.

Didn't the DVD drive come with software to recognize this drive?

Oh, and did you check explorer to see if this drive is available? What about device manager?

If, neither helps, or you still can't find it, are ye sure you installed the drive properly. As in the jumper, as in master, slave, CS (cable select)?

3. cuddlepuppy

cuddlepuppy Private E-2

It is installed right, It'll play cd's. Just can't find a program that'll recognize the drive. It did not come with "any" install CD. It shows up in Windows explorer. Divice manager shows it is working and recognized, no conflicks. It is the master, a plain DVD drive is the slave.

I tried Nero as I stated, reinstalled it too. version 5.5.9.14. Is there any other program that'll work to transfere VHF to DVD and burn it useing this drive?

Thank you for the help
    Eric

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds