Little Help With Admin Tools

Discussion in 'Software' started by LinkinX, Mar 15, 2004.

1. LinkinX

LinkinX Guest

Ok i am leaving and my sister and her friend will be useing my comp i have made her, her own account but i was wonder if anyone knew any good progz that would make it so she cant do alot of stuff like can access the harddrives n crap just make it so she can get on use the net (internet explorer) and chat on Aim and thats about it what a good prog for that?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

operating system please

3. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

if you are using xp, you can just make her an account without administartor privliges

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

that will still give them access to drives..

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

As Kodo said the OS is needed so security permissions or user groups can be looked at and set as per the OS your using.

6. LinkinX

LinkinX Guest

Im sry i am runing Xp Home

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

That restricts you a bit, as you dont have the same permissions management and/or group profiles you do in XP Pro. You can add some reg-hacks to stop certain things being shown.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/category.php/4/
    See if any of those fit the bill.

8. LinkinX

LinkinX Guest

Thank you for the link

9. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds