Little or no Connectivity issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zakysdad1, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Zakysdad1

Zakysdad1 Private E-2

While I was trying to rid my daughters computer of virus/trojan (with restore point turned off, unfortunately) her system hung and on reboot spybot ran strangely. Now, her wireless card sees our Belkin networked wireless connection (and all of our neighbors unsecured one's, too) but it will not connect to any of them...........just the little icon saying limited or no connectivity.
    any ideas would be helpful.

Bob

2. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Have you tried running the repair option? Double click the network symbol in the task bar showing little or no connectivity and select repair in the window that comes up. Basically this will release and renew your IP address if the wireless router is handing them out.

3. Zakysdad1

Zakysdad1 Private E-2

I already tried the repair option. No effect. WHen it tries to connect it says something about an IP address. I'll try and do it again later to get the exact statement.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Do this.

go to start, run and type cmd.

At the cmd prompt, type:

ipconfig /renew

Post the error it returns. It may take a bit for it to give you one, but this application either works, or gives an error.

5. Zakysdad1

Zakysdad1 Private E-2

AHA. There is also no Run icon in the start menu. Corrupted system?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Probably not.

Find it in the start menu then.

Or press the Windows+R keys on the keyboard.

7. Zakysdad1

Zakysdad1 Private E-2

OK

the errorr message reads

Windows IP configuration
    An error occured while renewing interface wireless network connection 7: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

8. Zakysdad1

Zakysdad1 Private E-2

fixed it myself! Tried Microssofts method.no go. Found this webpage http://www.cexx.org/newnet.htm and downloaded his little program to a floppy and after reboot all was well. Apparantly she had gotten one of these buggy virus/trojan foistware things and when I got rid of it, it took it's revenge. Thank goodness there are guys like you and him out there.

Bob

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds