Loading a Slipstreamed XP-SP2 OS

Discussion in 'Software' started by Flybywyre, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Private E-2

Has anyone actually done this ?

I have tried to load my slipstreamed XPSP2 disk on to a spare HD and encountered various problems with missing or invalid files. A search on Google and various techy sites shows that this is quite a common problem that know one seems to have the exact answer for.
    Some suggestions are quite involved such as
    "USE DOS IN PLACE OF ISO9660 when you burn your CD. ISO 9660 and DOS are the character sets used and have nothing to do with how much there can be characters in file names. For example '@' can have a value of 43 in one character set and 54 in another. ISO Level 1 is 8+3, ISO Level 2 is 31 and Joliet is 64 characters max in file and directory names. Normally you burn with ISO Level 1 (for DOS) and Joliet (for Windows) on.
    My standard XPpro disk works perfectly if used to load the OS onto a HD.........but when copied and slipstreamed with SP2, files are missing ?
    Just wondered if any fellow MG's have experienced similar problems ?
    Regards
    FBW

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Yes, I have actually done this, and experienced none of the problems mentioned. I chose the easy way and used AutoStreamer to create mine with. :)

3. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Private E-2

And have you then burnt it onto a CD and used to it to load a new computer / HD :confused:

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

5. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I did the same, used AutoStreamer, worked like a charm. I've burned the cd, and I have installed from it. No problems at all. At least not with the CD! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds