lock desktop icon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N84Christ, Mar 20, 2010.

1. N84Christ

N84Christ Private First Class

I have a compac laptop with vista. When I connect a cable to the 15 pin external monitor connection, I can use my tv screen as a monitor. But when I disconnect all my icon on my desktop get relocated to the left side. Can someone give me a clue how to lock my desktop icons. TY

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

The left hand side is the default side for Desktop Icons, you could right click your desktop and click "View" "Auto Arrange" and that will put your icons back to the default place.

Try posting in the Software section of the forum, you will get more useful help much quicker there!

When you post in the software section, just copy and paste this thread, but add some more details, as your problem is not entirely clear.

:)

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds