LOCK UP - FREEZE problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by VLBarnhill, Sep 22, 2006.

1. VLBarnhill

VLBarnhill Private E-2

Okay, I'm using this old dinosaur computer... the same one with the (now resolved) Picasa (non) issue.

If I don't do anything within a 15 minute period... say I walk away to go potty, have a smoke, etc., my whole system freezes... locks up. Control-Alt-Delete does nothing. The only way to get the computer to do ANYTHING is to use the "power switch" to turn the computer off.

When I turn the computer back on, it goes through it's abnormal shut down warnings, fixes, etc., then it's fine again.

The only thing I notice prior to doing the hard boot is a 1/4" strip of fine vertical stripes that runs all the way across the top of the screen. In case the color matters, those little fine stripes are bright green.

What say you?

~Vickie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds