1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

locked folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by CatT, Aug 30, 2011.

1. CatT

CatT I can't follow the rules

how do i get into locked folders in w7? back in XP i think it just gave me a warning but then let me "see files anyway".

not only can i not do that here, but no sort of right click "open as administrator" option seems available either.

properties>>security (and maybe >>advanced beneath that) offer me a bunch of "access" options. do i just go ahead and change those?

this is my own PC and i am the sole user. can i just open them up wide to "read, list, edit, delete, yadda yadda"?

what's the point of HAVING locks then if s/o can just change them at will?

btw, where is the "import favourites" option in IE9? not only can i not figure out how to import my FF bookmarks, i can't even figure out how to import the big pile of IE bookmarks i have (in a folder) from my old PC. (in part why i want to get into locked folders -- i figure i could drag n drop by hand directly to the Faves folder)
  2. dave.m

dave.m Private First Class

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011