Locked tablet

Discussion in 'Software' started by thejohnsons10, Feb 15, 2013.

1. thejohnsons10

thejohnsons10 Private E-2

I bought a Gemini joy tab for my son and he has forgotten his password. Does any one know how i can get it opened up again. Im not worried about the stuff on it so a wipe would be fine.
    Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Don't know this device but looked on the support site for the device and found this HERE check out the post from "frank" an employee of the company and see if that helps.

3. Johndrake

Johndrake Private E-2

Try the below mentioned steps to get in:

1. Press down the menu button on the front.

2. While holding this down press and hold the power button for a few seconds and release both.

3.You will get to a screen with the green man lying down and a red triangle.

4. Press volume down.

5. A menu will appear.

6. Use the volume down button to move down to the option "wipe data/factory reset"

7. Now, press the power button to select it.

8. Use the volume down button to go down to the yes option and press power again to wipe the tablet.

9. This will restore it to default setting and remove all of your data - it is the only way to get in when you have forgotten the password.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds