Logging in issues XP Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Campbeltown, May 13, 2005.

1. Campbeltown

Campbeltown Private E-2

I changed some settings in system, computer name. I changed the domain to a work group and now I can't log into the computer at all. Any idea how I can sort this problem? :confused:

2. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

At the login screen, is there a drop-down box below the Username/password fields?

If there is an option between the Domain and "this machine (or local machine, can't remember)", choose "this machine".

-Steve

3. Campbeltown

Campbeltown Private E-2

Those options have disappeared, theres no way to select where I'm logging into, I have tried logging through safe mode with and without networking but I get the same problem. :eek:

4. celebration.of.being

celebration.of.being Private First Class

U mus be getting the login screen or u arent getting even dat. If u are gettin d login window den wat feilds u r gettin like username..passwords n a options tab ?? Clarify.

5. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

I did the same thing a few months ago. To restore things, you have to log into a connected domain, usually using an account on the box for the support group.

I was unable to fix it myself.

A domain login is apparently not compatible with a work group (for sharing files etc on a home network). I think NetSwitcher might be able to do this, but again, to restore the domain login, one actually has to be able to log into it at that time.

6. Campbeltown

Campbeltown Private E-2

Ok I'll try that tomorrow when I can log into the domain.....I hope :rolleyes: , think that I'm going to have to format the laptop though :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds