Logging in to laptop ..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enufced904, Aug 29, 2009.

1. enufced904

enufced904 Private E-2

I honestly wasn't sure what section to post this in.. please move to correct subforum if necessary.

Here is my problem. I can boot my laptop (Dell Insiron 6400) and login in perfectly fine and go the whole day with no issues. However, I find myself having to always restart or shut down when I am through. I cannot simply log off and log back on. If I try and do that, the computer will freeze up and I have to power off.

At first I thought it was some sort of virus/malware so I ran my programs and got nothing. I've done Microsoft updates and that hasn't seemed to help. I'm not really sure what the next step should be and I can't really afford to get it looked at professionally.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi enufced, would you happen to be running Vista?

I believe i've heard this as one of the many vista bugs.

*im looking for the fix*

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds