logical v dynamic disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hawklord, Jun 23, 2006.

1. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi all, does anyone know the difference between logical drives and dynamic drives, the pro's and con's and which is better, ta

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, assuming you are talking about logical partitions, they are fairly different types of technology. A logical partition is a partition on your drive that is not the active partition. And 'dynamic disk' is a way to set up multiple drives to act as one. Similar to a RAID 0 array.

Apples and Oranges.

3. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi, when i select logical drives in computer management it shows (amongst others) c: (20gb with os - active) and f:,g:,h: and i: (all on 200gb as storage but only f: active), i'm just being inquisitive and wanting to know why in human terms

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

g, h and I probably haven't been formatted?

5. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi, they are formatted and in use, i store my downloaded programs on G(10gb), back ups on H(20gb) and photos and home vids on I(30gb)

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds