Logitec Wireless M215 Mouse driver problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kendrite, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Kendrite

Kendrite Private E-2

Hi all.

I got a Logitech M215 wireless mouse about three weeks ago for my laptop running Windows 7.

It worked fine up until this weekend when it just stopped responding. I've called Logitech tech support but they weren't able to help (after explaining the below points to him he said it's not a physical mouse problem and I agree). I've noted the following:

Tried system restore to an earlier point
    Tried different usb port for usb receiver
    Tried other devices in usb ports and they worked fine
    Pulled battery from laptop and mouse (new battery) and put back in after 10 minutes
    Plugged the mouses usb receiver into my desktop and mouse works fine rolleyes
    Can't do much about mouse drivers as it uses Windows 7 native drivers
    Device manager isn't showing any problems or conflicts
    Nothing was changed (that I can remember) between the evening it was working and the morning it wasn't
    Checked touchpad settings to ensure mouse hadn't been disabled

I don't really have to want to do a clean install of Windows, I know it must be fixable but I'm running out of ideas.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Check Logitech's support site to see if there is a specific Windows 7 driver download for this model. Although most wireless mice work with generic drivers, a Logitech-specific driver package (if available) may solve the problem.

If not, try calling Logitech back and ask for "Level 2" support. In many cases "Level 1" (the person who initially answers your call) is working off a call center script; "Level 2" staff have experience solving more complex issues such as yours.

Hope this helps. :)

3. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

4. Kendrite

Kendrite Private E-2

Hmm, thanks for the link to Setpoint.

My wife went and bought a new wireless microsoft mouse because, well, she' didn't want to wait for me to try fix the Logitech one!

Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds