Logitech clearchat comfort not working Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by terminal3k, Feb 17, 2010.

1. terminal3k

terminal3k Private E-2

Hi,

I was using windows XP and my logitech Clearchat comfort USB was working fine (plug and play) now that i have upgraded to windows 7, it doesnt recognise the device. please help? are there drivers i can download for it? because i cant find any and Logitech have said it is compatible with windows 7 and dont supply drivers...

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you upgrade from XP to Windows 7 from running the installer in XP or was this a brand new clean install of Win7? (as XP to Windows 7 is not a supported route and can at times cause issues with devices)

In Device Manager do you haev any Yellow ! marks and if so by what? also open up in Device Manager the Universal Serial Bus Controllers branch (click the +)

then unplug the Clearchat and then plug it back in, look for a USB device that disapears and reapears when you plug this in, once you see it reapear, right click and choose Uninstall, then unplug the Clearchat and reboot, then plug the ClearChat back in and see if Windows loads the driver, also run Windows update.

3. terminal3k

terminal3k Private E-2

I tried what you suggested... But it still didn't work... the ! is logitech USB headset.. I attached what i said when i put the headset in after i rebooted. There are no updates for me to install that relate to USB. I really don't want to have to buy new headset just because of windows 7.
    Any other ideas? Someone else said i should try find USB audio drivers, but i cant find them anywhere.

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

Hi

In Device Manager, if you click View and then Show Hidden Devices are there any Logitech ones listed, if so and you dont use other Logitech devices and only this headset, uninstall them all and reboot and see if the driver loads, but also try the headset in one of the back USB ports.

Also you could try the Troubleshooters built into Win7, open Control Panel > System and Security and open Action Center, then click Troubleshooing, then click the View All link in the left menu to load all the updated troubleshooters, then click the Hardware and Devices one.

as for the USB Audio drivers, would be best asking the person who suggested it for what drivers they suggest and where to download. But maybe THIS will help

5. terminal3k

terminal3k Private E-2

Hi again,

I tried all of that.. Still doesnt work. When i used the action center it didint find drviers, then it looked online for a solution but couldnt find any drivers.

As for the logitech support forums, i tried that link before. Iv also left a thread in their forums but no one replied to my post :<

Have we exhausted everything?

6. DavidGP

Hi

Could you answer my first question of did you upgrade from XP to Win7 from running the upgrade path (this leaves all your software, settings etc intact) or was this a clean install, where you format and install Win7 fresh?

As this may give me a clue as to something else to try, as while their maybe no other ! marks in Device Manager one important one maybe, a default one installed during the update, also run the below and attach as mentioned the log as this will give me a quick route to what hardware you have so I can find a driver (not for the USB headset but another hardware item)

Have you had reply back from Logitech support, not just the forum but from their support line, be it an email or phonecall?

7. terminal3k

terminal3k Private E-2

I installed windows fresh, windows wouldnt let me upgrade from XP to 7. So i ran the dvd from XP then formatted the drive and installed 7.

There is another ! in device manager, its PCI simple communications controller.

Report is attached.

Attached Files:

8. DavidGP

Hi

Cheers for the info, that helps a bit, great on fresh install as I now know we have no legacy files left from XP.

Did you ever install the Intel Chipset driver on this new install of Win7? if not and even if you did re-install it from HERE, but delete/uninstall the Logitech USB hardware, the yellow ! mark then install the Chipset reboot then, plug in your USB headset.

Any luck with Logitech support yet? do call their support line, as it seems many do have this hardware working, so dont know why yours is not.

9. terminal3k

terminal3k Private E-2

I didnt install the chipset, but i tried what you said and still doesnt work. There was no reply on the logitech forums. Ill try give them a call and see if they have any advice. Thanks so much for your help! have you got any other ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds