Logitech G5 issues.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anger, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Anger

Anger Private E-2

I currently use the 2nd Generation Logitech G5 laser mouse. I have an issue that isn't really fatal, but it does bother me a bit.

I while ago I did a much needed re-format, backing up all my files onto an external HDD and making sure any drivers I would need were also on the HDD. I opted to use Windows XP "Stripped to the bone" since I have heard some good things concerning the performance. Everything runs fine, but I have had two small issues, one of which I have found a workaround, and the other (The mouse issue) I have yet to find a solution.

The first issue was with iTunes, it simply did not work. I use iTunes for my iPod only, so I don't need it to playback my MP3 files. The fix was simple, I now use Winamp to transfer my songs to my iPod, it's a bit difficult to find (Kinda hidden), but it works fine, and I prefer it over iTunes, so any of you who want a good iTunes alternative, you can use Winamp...

Now onto the mouse issue. I plug in the mouse, and Windows will detect it just fine, the mouse functions, the big issue is that the Logitech gaming software (used to tweak DPI settings and gaming settings for the G5) doesn't recognize the mouse. Now, in my Device Manager, I noticed the mouse will only appear as "HID-compliant mouse". I believe this is the issue, Windows doesn't properly identify the mouse, therefore the Logitech software can't find it as a result.

I should note that I use a G25 racing wheel that is properly detected by the Software it came with, the only thing that can't get detected properly is the Mouse. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Anger

Anger Private E-2

That didn't work. I looked at the Logitech support site and found a new issue that is very much like mine, in fact it's the exact same symptoms. The problem is that Logitech has no solution for it.

3. OneShot 926

OneShot 926 Private E-2

I too am having same issue. did you find a solution yet??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds